Code of Conduct
Iqra's Code of Conduct is patterned after the Ontario Code of Conduct for schools and the basic principles of Islam. All members of our school community, whether they are students, parents, or teachers, have the right to feel and be safe. With this right comes the responsibility to behave as good Muslims and to be accountable for actions that put at risk the safety of others and oneself.
- Respect and comply with all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws;
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity;
- Respect differences in people, their ideas, and opinion;
- Treat one another with dignity and respect at all times, and especially when there is disagreement;
- Respect and treat others fairly, regardless of their race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, gender, age, or disability;
- Respect the rights of others;
- Show proper care and regard for school property and the property of others;
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need;
- Respect persons who are in a position of authority;
- Respect the need of others to work in an environment of learning and teaching.