Grade 1 - October 2017 Outline
Instructor: Ayesha Khan
- Writing: Modeled Writing-Printing letters (upper & lowercase), simple words
- Grammar/Punctuation: When to Capitalize words.
- Read Aloud: Making inferences and understanding the purpose of reading
- Cornerstones - Out on the Playground
- Geometry and Spatial Sense:
- Geometric Properties & Geometric Relationships
- “Math Steps” – pgs. 2-10, 13-14, 23, 25
- “Complete Math Smart” –pg.204-6, 125, 150, 170-3, 186, 206
- Daily and Seasonal Changes
- Main Focus: The Four Seasons – Impact on human outdoor activities, society, and the environment.
- The sun’s role with seasonal changes.
- Heritage and Citizenship: Relationships, Rules, and Responsibilities
- Main Focus: Identifying own responsibilities and the responsibilities of others.
- Continue the Arabic Alphabet letters ( أ ) ,( ب ) , ( ت )and ( ث)
- Essentials and Practice- The Creations of Allah
- Taharah- Istinja & Wudu
- Continue memorizing Surat Al-Balad with tajweed